If you’re ready to expand your website team and add new administrators or editors, this tutorial will show you how to add users to your WordPress site. It’s very easy.
Short video tutorial:
WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS) that allows multiple users to contribute to and manage a website. If you want to add additional users to your WordPress site, here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your WordPress site as the administrator.
- Click on the “Users” tab in the left-hand menu, and then select “Add New” from the sub-menu.
- Fill in the user’s details, including their username, email address, and password. You can also assign them a role, such as administrator, editor, or contributor, which determines their level of access to the site’s content and features.
- Click on the “Add New User” button to create the user account.
- The new user will receive an email with a link to activate their account. Once they have activated their account, they can log in to the site and start contributing to it.
That’s all there is to it! By following these steps, you can easily add new users to your WordPress site, allowing multiple people to contribute to and manage your website.
If you are living in or near Wicklow in Ireland, you can attend a great in-person WordPress Training session.